The UBA5 battery analyzer tests, conditions, and charges batteries and then generates a test report showing the condition of the battery.
If you are already a battery expert you'll be pleased to know that the UBA5 has enough features for even the most demanding battery test applications. With its graphical programming interface you can easily design a battery test to do exactly what you want. You can specify the charge method (constant current or constant voltage with peak, timed, or temperature termination) and the charge and discharge currents. You can even use conditional loops in the test. All voltage, current and temperature readings are stored in a standard results file.
The UBA5's power lies it its ability to leverage the power of your PC - it has neither display nor keyboard. We keep the UBA5 simple and put the intelligence into the S/W on your PC where it belongs.
- Works with all battery chemistries, NiCd, NiMH, SLA, lead acid, lithium ion, lithium polymer and primary batteries.
- Fully programmable: you can set all charge and discharge currents, voltage settings, and charge algorithms.
- Includes award winning UBA Console, easy to use and powerful software that allows you to graphically design your battery analysis routines and can simultaneously control over 100 UBA5s from one PC.
- Can run one test cycle to check capacity or thousands to test battery life.
- Comes with two channels that can each analyze a battery or can be combined with each other or other UBA5s for unlimited charge and discharge current.
- Stores all results in industry standard ASCII format that you can import into your favorite spreadsheet.
- Supports High Power Accessories
- Battery temperature sensor option: use ours, use yours or use your battery's built-in sensor.
- FCC approval and CE Mark.
- Two year warranty and 30 day money back warranty
Specs at a glance (full specs in brochure)
- Battery type: all chemistries, primary and secondary cells
- Battery voltage: single cell to 18V or Higher
- Battery capacity: 0Ah to over 100Ah
- Charge current: Up to 2A per channel
- Load current: Up to 3A/45W per channel
- Number of independent channels: 2
High Voltage UBA5
The High Voltage UBA5 includes a 24V 90W universal (100 to 240V input) power supply that can simultaneously charge two batteries up to 21V at 1.8A. This is perfect if you are testing higher voltage battery packs. If you use the channel combiner you can charge a battery at up to 3.6A.
|Maximum number of cells in series that can be charged (at 2A)
||Battery Pack Voltage
|Lead acid/Gel cells
Applications for the UBA5
Most people don't think about batteries until they start having problems. Battery packs aren't inexpensive. They should perform for at least 300 to 500 cycles. Are you getting this performance from your batteries? If not, then the UBA5 is the tool you need to diagnose and fix the problem.
The UBA5 can:
- Fully charge and equalize your batteries.
- Check the capacity of your batteries at different discharge rates.
- Recondition your batteries which can restore capacity in NiCd, NiMH and lead acid chemistries.
- Life test your batteries to see if they meet their rated life.
- Test the operation of your battery chargers.
- Be used in a battery monitoring program with computerized tracking.
Once you start using a UBA5 you will find that batteries are not that mysterious after all, and can be understood and qualified.
In the Repair Shop
If you service battery powered equipment you need to test batteries. The UBA5 can help you do that with its ability to test a wide range of batteries and print a test report. It can test batteries according to manufacturer's specification and identify those for warrenty replacement.
In the QC Department
If you sell batteries, either directly, or installed in your equipment, you need to ensure that they meet spec. This is especially important if your buyers are selecting suppliers based on price. Even if you buy only from major battery suppliers you still need an incoming inspection program.
Failure to adequately QC new stock will result in unhappy customers with the resultant loss of repeat business. The UBA5 is ideal for incoming inspection of both primary and secondary batteries. Use it three different ways:
- As a quick 10 second tester on all new batteries to catch defective ones.
- As a capacity tester to test compliance with the spec.
- As a life time tester to ensure that the batteries will perform to spec during their warrenty period.
In the R&D Department
Choosing a battery chemistry, capacity, number of cells, and supplier for a new product is a daunting task. Why not use a UBA5 to help you? Program it to simulate the load of your product and use this to test battery samples for capacity and life time. The UBA5 can evaluate different charging algorithms and their influence on battery operation time and expected service life. You wouldn't design electronics without an oscilloscope, why would you design your battery circuitry without a UBA5?
Customer Testimonials for UBA Analyzer